Photo(s) of the Day #3

Yesterday was the third day of the March, photo of the day challenge.  I completely forgot to post them.  Perhaps I was too wound up from my vlog debut.  

Here is it.  I took pictures of my neighborhood while on my soggy, slushy run yesterday. It's not technically "my" neighborhood, but it is my city.  Yes, as rural as these pics look, Gardiner is technically a city.  I did run in a neighborhood that I wanted to be mine.  Does that count?


 It was snowing when I started the run and then it turned to sleet then ice.  It was definitely a wet run.  I parked in the Hannaford parking lot because I had to go there after the run anyway.

Do you grocery shop after your runs?  I don't know about you, but it is one sure way to
NOT stay within a budget for me.   

We had about 8ish inches dumped on us on Thursday and another 2 inches or so came Friday night, so the roads were definitely not clear.  I was actually hoping (praying) that the Rail Trail would be clear enough to get in a run there.  So I but on my yaktrax again.  I am loving the strap on these.  I know for sure they are not going anywhere!  


I walked over to the Rail Trail and made a very quick decision that today was not the day to run there.  Unfortunately it hadn't been plowed yet.  Very pretty, but I didn't wear my snowshoes.  


I did run into a running friend of mine (he was running down the middle of the street) when I first started and he suggested a route that he had just done and said the cars gave him plenty of room.  Apparently someone was in a bad mood because the first car I saw, I swear, aimed for the biggest puddle ever.  I knew I was going to get wet, but that was crazy!



All in all, I loved being out there yesterday morning.  Well, not the splashing incident.  I got in 5.5 miles in about 50 minutes.  Not a speedy run at all but a nice challenge.

Right now I'm sipping my coffee and getting ready to eat some breakfast, the girls and I have a 13 miler planned in 1 hour.

Comments

  1. That is a great run.. you are super tough for getting that many miles in wunder those conditions. Isn't awesome to be outside when the most of the world in inside? So quiet, peaceful and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice to be out there - with hardly anyone else. I only saw that one other crazy runner out there!

      Delete
  2. I love the tire track lines on the parking lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW nice Run Jen! I hadn't realized that you had a pic entered in the TC contest until a few days ago - but I've been voting for you - Hope you'll do the same for me :D xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great run! Ugh on the giant splash-- it really seems like some cars are anti-runners, doesn't it? Hope you had a great 13!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when drivers don't give room on roads. Some places don't have trails/sidewalks to run on and then of course you have the weather...I just don't understand the need to be so territorial over pavement?!

    I try to never go to the grocery on an empty stomach - I'd break the bank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so scary running on the roads. I always want to make eye contact with the drivers because I want to make sure they see me too! I guess I'd rather be wet from an angry (I'm guessing) driver than flattened by one who didn't see me.

      Oh, I don't know why I always go shopping just after runs! But sometimes I'm so hungry, I rush through the shopping so fast I forgot most of what I needed in the first place (even with a list!) because all I want to do is get home and eat!

      Delete
  6. Wahoo 13 miler. I sooo could have used some Yak Trak today. Ayeeee

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are hardcore :) I read this and look at the pics and think: IT'S PROBABLY GOOD IM A TEXAN NOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're getting an unexpected dumping of the white stuff here today, after the mildest winter I can remember. Got my 4 miles in on the 'mill, but can see the appeal of being out in the elements today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So that's where winter is hiding this year!!! You are hardcore getting out in that weather!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!