A Different Kind of Long Run

Yesterday, the girls and I headed out for our long run from my house.  Weather.com was calling for snow/rain showers and near freezing temps, so I was a bit surprised when it was sunny and warm enough to run without gloves on as we stepped outside.

We have the Cape Elizabeth Midwinter Classic 10 miler coming up in a couple of weeks and that course is a bit hilly, so we thought our run today should be hillier than we've been doing.  So, hills by my house it was.  Sadly, Carrie couldn't make it, but our friend Karen came up to join us.

Then about 4.5 miles into our run, I happened to look behind us and saw two familiar people running up behind us.  I think they thought they were going to sneak up on us, but they did not.

Our girls run party was crashed by the husbands - mine and Jill's.

really - we are happy here....
the sun was in Jill's eyes and I tried taking this picture a few times



A beautiful day.
+
Running with my girls.  
+
Running with the guys.  
awesome running day



Not to mention, after our run, we got to pack up and head out to the Boys and Girls Club to celebrate Izzy's 4th birthday with a Bounce House birthday party.




I cannot believe my baby is going to be 4 years old on Tuesday.  Where has the time gone?



Comments

  1. Izzy is absolutely beautiful! Great run... again I'm jealous! But.. I won a free entry into a local 10K, so I am looking forward to race season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The party was so much fun! The boys were so tuckered out on the ride home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fun surprise (weather and husbands)! Each birthday for my niece and nephew I'm just shocked at how fast the grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Izzy's is adorable! Happy Birthday sweet girl... and that long run sounds like it was epic! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! We look like we just ran a very hilly 12 miler! Thanks again for letting me crash the run...but at least I asked. Can't say the same for the guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOPS!!!! I forgot to say who posted.... Karen

      Delete
  6. Great picture of Izzy. I love that the guys crashed your run.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun run to me!! It was really warm here too...surprising!!! Such a cute picture of Izzy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great run, I love that the guys tried to surprise you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a good group for the run!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

Spandits Review & Giveaway

ArmPocket Review + Giveaway