I ran with my girls!

It's been a few months.  We've all had crazy schedules.  BUT somehow we pulled it off this morning.  


The four of us joined up at the gym.....and ran side by side on the treadmills.  Yep.  




We took over the gym this morning.  And that's me.  Hogging the window treadmill.  We are blurry because we were running SOOO fast!  


The great thing about treadmills is that we didn't have to run in 7F.  Which, is super warm compared to the -36F windchill yesterday.  But I still didn't want to run outside.  I'm just getting over a cold and didn't want to upset my asthma anymore.  Since it HAS been angry since this summer.  

Carrie finishing up her run

But we got it done.  8 miles on the treadmill.  Lots of laughing and great times.  This is why I love my girls.  I am so lucky to have them!  


After my run, I picked up the kids at my inlaws house (across the street) - since Ward was running with his guy.  Made a yummy spinach, tomato omelet for myself and pancakes for the guys.  Then relaxed a bit.  When it warmed up a bit.  I think it was closer to 30F, which felt like spring.  Really sad, I know.  I told the kids were were going outside!  


We've been cooped up in the house FAR too long.  It's been too cold to go outside with those days of negative temps.   They were pumped to play outside.  FINALLY!  


And all of the snow we got from the last storm covered my snowshoe running trail, so we had to go out and pack it down again.  It was a ton of fun!  


As we rounded the backside of the house, I saw this gorgeous photo op and HAD to take it.  I love that we have such gorgeous sunsets.  And ever grateful we have so much land to snowshoe on.  We are very lucky.  


Now I'm relaxing, finally, with the kids.  Soon they will be off to bed and then I'm going to get ready for the season premier of Downton Abbey.  I don't usually get hooked on tv.  This one is all Ward's fault.  


I hope you all have had a great weekend!!!  Looking forward to a great week.  










Comments

  1. Louise Bourque CunninghamJanuary 5, 2014 at 7:41 PM

    You are so cute! haha love your posts! Go get 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running with the girls is the best even if it's on the treadmill! Beautiful picture and I wish we had snow here in California!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome place to snowshoe! Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun run with the girls, wish I had treadmills closer. I sent the kids down to my parents house yesterday, they really needed to get out of the house. I think it is supposed to warm up into the 20s here today and I am planning to get outside even if just for a short run. That is a beautiful sunset, we are blessed to have awesome ones here as well. Isn't it awesome when you love where you live so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krysten @DarwinianFailJanuary 6, 2014 at 8:28 AM

    Love Downton!! I also love that you were able to take your workout indoors and hammer out those miles. Way to go girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!!! I remember when training for Boston one morning was super icy. My running buddies and I hit the mills at the gym! It was far easier than I thought since we constantly had new people to talk to! Love the pics of the kids! I love how active you all are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's 23 here: I cannot even imagine 7. Running on the treadmill is not my favorite activity, but it would quickly become a favorite if we had snow and temps in Mississippi like y'all are experiencing. BRRRRRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle@Running with AttitudeJanuary 6, 2014 at 5:26 PM

    Now that's a great way to pass the miles on the 'mill! What a beautiful sunset!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!