My Weekend

I'm a runner.  But I am finding more and more that I am enjoying trying out new forms of exercise.  First it was yoga.  I have grown to really love and appreciate yoga.  However, I am only really consistent with yoga if I sign up for a class, and unfortunately my favorite yoga studio - Freeport Yoga Co. is a long drive away and the other yoga class option - which isn't as great but it closer - is happening on a night that is impossible for me to get too.  So.... with that said, my yoga practice has suffered.  Tonight, when I finish this post, I WILL hang out with Rodney Yee.  I have to.  My body is telling me it needs yoga tonight!  


My new adventure was Les Mills Body Pump.  A newish fitness local fitness studio - Fortified Fitness  - hosted a free Body Pump class on Saturday.   The time actually conflicted with Tucker's swim class, but I managed to get Ward to take the kids which meant I was free to try it out!  I wanted to do a little run beforehand, so I stopped by the KVHC and got in a quick 2 miles on the treadmill.  Then I headed off to Fortified Fitness.  I was nervous and I had no idea what to expect.    I was quite thankful I saw a familiar face when I got there - yay for Susie!  It definitely helped me to feel a bit more comfortable.  





It also helped that I was wearing my badass skull Spandits, my ViewSport tank, and custom Reebok Nano Speeds.   



The class was 55 minutes in length.  Adam, our instructor, was fantastic.  He walked us through each set and gave options for advanced body pumpers and new body pumpers.  Me, being new, tried like heck to keep it light.  And I did for the most part.  What I loved about body pump is that it worked so many muscles I don't work enough but really need to! 



When the class ended, I was completely finished.  It was definitely a challenging workout that left me feeling like I totally kicked butt.  And I was famished.   I came home, ate some eggs (yum!!!), changed into my Tommie Copper Capris and my new favorite Gap sweatshirt and then started with the party prepping for Izzy's birthday party.  



The party was a success!  We had lots of cupcakes, face painting, photo booth fun, a chocolate fountain and cotton candy.  TONS of fun!  




This morning I met up with Carrie and Jill at the gym and we got in 8 miles on the treadmill.  My legs didn't want to move at all. So I decreased the speed and just tried my best. Honestly, I would have called it quits at 4 miles if Carrie and Jill didn't keep me going.  I'm not so sure if it was smart or not that I did the entire 8 miles.    


Speaking of which.  Have you heard of #FFCheckin?  I am loving this.  FitFluential has started a very easy way to encourage and motivate each other in our daily fitness endeavors.  Just share your pic on instagram with the hashtag #ffcheckin.  

The rest of the week will be pretty low in terms of mileage.  I'm already at 126 miles for the month.  I believe it's my highest since last June.  I'm feeling rather good and I want to keep it that way.  AND I have my first race for 2014 next Sunday.   I don't have tons of speed work in me prepping for this one, but I'd like to at least keep up with Carrie.  Fingers crossed.  




Comments

  1. Looks like a fabulous weekend! I love Body Pump - the instructor makes ALL the difference I think. And of course I love Tommie Copper too.... Love the photo booth. So cute. Enjoy your date with Rodney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do all my yoga at home and if I stay in the habit of it I am pretty good about doing it, but I really have to make a point to do it, otherwise... I delay until there is no more day left, but it does feel so good! I wish I lived closer to fitness places so I could do classes, but I can't justify the driving time. Boo

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YOU DO!!!!! They come in capri, shorts, long....skirts....geez.!!!! You will be skull-ed out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's fantastic!!! I wish I could be better at yoga at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did a little Rodney....like 15 minutes. And Izzy joined me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was talking with Jill on our run on Saturday how much I look forward to other workouts. They are challenging but they give me a mental break from running and crunching numbers! Loving the #FFCheckin!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought of you the first time I saw them Carla!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Krysten @DarwinianFailJanuary 27, 2014 at 10:07 AM

    SERIOUSLY LOVE THOSE PANTS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are awesome! And you are going to leave me in the dust, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are loving yoga! Rodney is one of my main men too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to do Bodypump all the time when I belonged to my last gym:) Loved it! Glad you got to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!