Move It Monday! #BestFoot

Another Monday is here.  But it's a special one.  The last Monday in this winter season.  Oh yes!  Now, if we'd get a major heat wave and melt all that snow and ice and I could get back on the rail trail.  A girl can dream, right?  



Regardless of the horrid weather, it didn't hold me back from my training.   

Monday - REST!  

Tuesday - 3.5 miles.  44 degrees, melting snow.  I even ran without a vest and gloves.  



Wednesday - 7 miles.  We had another (last??? please!) snowstorm come rolling in Wednesday. The forecast was calling for a pretty bad afternoon, which resulted in an early dismissal.  I took advantage of my "extra" time and hit the gym.  



Thursday - 6 miles.  No school today, but the gym didn't close.  I was scheduled to work so I went in a little early and got in my speed workout.  Nailed it.  Warm up/7:30/recovery/7:20/recovery/7:00/cooldown.  Felt fantastic!!!



Friday - 3.3 miles.  Easy after school miles.  No picture.   I'm a slacker.  



Saturday - 6 miles.  But today I had two pictures!  I ran 6 miles for Jaime, the young mom who was killed this past week.  It breaks my heart to think of her grieving family.  To think that there is always a chance that I could be struck and killed when out for a run is a scary thought, but a real one that races through my head quite a bit lately.  


To break up the treadmill run, I pulled out a 6:54 mile mid run for Happy Fit Mama's March Challenge.  

Sunday - 6.8 miles.   On the treadmill.  Again.  But the window beside me was wide open.  I do appreciate the treadmill and the ability to get in safe miles.  I just miss running on the rail trail.  Melt snow! Melt!  



Weekly Total: 32.1 miles

#ffmarchmiles total:  91.23 miles

I have a sneaky suspicion that today is going to be a rest day.  The last couple of days I've been battling a head cold.  I feel great when I'm running, but as soon as I stop, the head clouds up and nose starts running.  I'll see how I feel when I get out of work and make my decision then.  Rest days are a super important piece to training and in general.  

How's your training going?  

Comments

  1. Great week Jen!!! One day this snow will melt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle@Running with AttitudeMarch 17, 2014 at 9:20 AM

    You had an awesome week! My week was a bit of a mixed bag - hoping for better this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sad about Jaime, those kinds of things are awful reminders about running safety. Hope you are feeling better soon, looks like you had a pretty good week last week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the snow melts for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great running workouts! I heard about Jaime, the loss of another runner...so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marnie @ SuperSmartMamaMarch 18, 2014 at 10:36 AM

    Looks like you had another great week! I am still trying to get back INTO running, so it will be awhile before you see any mileage reports from me like the one you posted recently. I hope the spring thaw starts soon for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!