One down......

At 6:45 am, I got to school, got my laptop ready, pulled out my credit card and pulled up the website.  



I was ready to go.  And it was only 6:48.  12 more minutes!    I decided I would do a little planning/organizing on my desk.  And then I saw 6:58.   

Call Ward make sure he was up and ready to go.  Check.  
Now....  Refresh. Refresh. Refresh.  GO!  
Type as fast and accurately as I can.  
Wait for that confirmation screen and done.  
I'm in!


Then I sit back and watch Facebook light up with the "I'm in" status updates and some "I didn't make it" updates.  

Yes, this is what happens on the morning of Beach to Beacon registration.  This morning, 4000 people registered for this 10K in 4 minutes and 32 seconds.  




That's insane.  And this year, I'll be one of those crazy ass people.  Along with many of my friends, and Ward.  

Now, Monday morning we register for the LL Bean 10K.  That one isn't as stressful.  But it's still a fun race to do!  

Do you have a race that when registering for gets your heart pumping?  


Comments

  1. Honestly, almost all registering makes my heart pound b/c I'm excited, but hate racing, nervous and questioning my sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! why does it have to be so stressful?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah @ Running with the HaynesMarch 14, 2014 at 9:10 AM

    I felt exactly the same way when I registered for Boston, except that year their website crashed, and I had to keep refreshing ALL MORNING! It was so stressful, and since then I haven't had any desire to do another big race. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Glad you got in!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!