Taking Care of My Running Pup

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I am a lucky girl.  I have running girls, running kids, a running husband, and a running dog.  Lately, I've been running with my dog, Pepper, more than anyone.  She's a fantastic running companion.   I barely need to hold onto her leash.  If I stop to tie a sneaker, she stops and sits while I tie.  No pulling, tugging.  Nothing.  She's amazing.


I want to keep this girl healthy and happy for a long time.  



This past summer, fleas hit our home hard.  Nothing would get rid of them.  I tried sprays, washing, vacuuming, brushing, essential oils.  You name it.  We tried it.   Well, except for Advantix.  We had tried the topical treatments for previous pets.  One time a cat of ours had a horrible reaction to the medicine and ended up at the emergency vet, which resulted very high bills.  Needless to say, we have been quite skeptical to put more chemicals on our pets.  


When Pepper tore her toe nail this summer, the vet noticed her fleas.  While I cringed in the corner, feeling like a horrible mommy.  She named off over $200 worth of items we "had to have" that would get rid of the fleas.  Advantix II was not one of those things.  




Around here, fleas typically die off in the winter.  But this year, they lived on.  Strong little suckers.  And she scratched.  And I washed her and I combed her.  I felt bad. Then I had the opportunity to review Advantix II from Entirely Pets.  And within 2 weeks time, her fleas are gone.  Nothing.  Not a sign.  A side note about Entirely Pets, the shipping is incredibly fast and the prices are great.  



As much as I didn't want to put a chemical on her, she is much happier and less scratchier now.  
So, for Pepper's health and happiness, I am sold on Advantix II.  



After a successful two weeks of no fleas, I've already gone ahead and put my stickers on the calendar so I remember to give Pepper the next flea treatment.  


Do you have pets?  What do you do to keep fleas/ticks away?  


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Comments

  1. Aww, Pepper! She is so cute! I'm glad you got the flea problem taken care of! Our cats, indoor, had fleas once. I'm not sure how that happened. Luckily, Bernie's flea/tick medicine has worked so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay glad the fleas are gone! Luckily my pets have never had fleas (knock on wood). Maybe the weather sucks too badly here in WA;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marnie @ SuperSmartMamaMarch 7, 2014 at 12:15 PM

    We do not have any pets, but I used to have a cocker spaniel when I was high school. Glad to hear Pepper is all better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! I can't believe the fleas lasted through the winter! We use Frontline, especially when our dogs need to board.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!