Are you streaking?


January Streak Reminder with some tweaks....



Historically, January is the coldest month in Maine and let's be honest, it is incredibly hard to get outside and get your run on when all you want to do is curl up by the woodstove (or whatever heat source you have) with a cup of hot cocoa.  BUT for some odd reason, it seems as though Maine (and probably the rest of the country) is experiencing warmer temperatures with less snow (for those states that get snow) so far.  Which is even better for this streak!  


I challenge you to run everyday in January, even if it's only a mile.  Especially on those days when you would think "it's too cold" and just show mother nature that whatever cold weather she throws your way, it's not going to stop you!  

Now, I don't want you to do anything dangerous.  I mean, the weather has dipped to -25F (or so) here in January of 2009, and I'm not so sure I'd want to run in that extreme cold or if it's even safe to run in those temps.  I would like to note that I did not run on that day in 2009 as I was 1 week from my c-section date - but Ward did.  He's a freak.  Also, think about the windchill too.  While the thermometer says one thing, the wind can absolutely make it far worse.  Just be safe! In that case, I think doing something/anything active is acceptable.  Just document it somehow!  

Prize?  It's in the works.  How lame is this?  I don't even have it ready yet.   I'm putting together a goodie collection of some of my favorite winter running gear along with some of my other favorites.  I will post pictures soon.  I promise.   So far, I have gu, shot bloks, a Running Chics headband....I'm still shopping and having fun with it.  Don't you just love the element of surprise?  

How to enter:
1.  Mandatory:  be a follower via GFC  and keep some type of running log proving you ran every day in the month of January 2012 to submit to me between the dates of February 1-4 at runningwiththegirls AT gmail DOT com.  
2.  Bonus Entry:  Take a picture of you in your winter gear, and a thermometer on the coldest day you ran in January and send it to me at the email above between February 1-4.  I want to see what defines "cold" for your area and what you're wearing this winter!  

The winner will be chosen at random using random.org and will be announced here on this blog onFebruary 5th, 2012.  The winner will have 72 hours to respond via email.  If the original winner does not respond, I will choose a new winner on February 9th.  

Comments

  1. Currently my knees are on the fritz but I should still do a mile...sounds like a good challenge. Love Maine, went there for the first time this year...Bar Harbor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, I don't want you to injure yourself even further!   I do love Bar Harbor - such a gorgeous area and I'll be running the Mount Desert Marathon there next October!  I cannot wait.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already missed a day :(  boo.  Good luck with your streaking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen does using the treadmill count too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never really specified.  While I did write about facing mother nature.  My thought, running is running.  So run your heart out inside or out!!!!  

    ReplyDelete
  6.  I'd say Treadmills are ok, but if you can keep the streak alive, power to you. I am 10 for 10 in 2012, and going for a personal record of 45 days (from what I can remember, If it is longer, it is when I didn't keep track)

    Good luck to everyone else trying.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!