Too Freakin' Nice



Oh jeez, is it really January?  I know, you're probably tired of me talking about the weather in Maine, but it has been unbelievable.  This morning I woke up to 43F outside!    Of course I was going to run anyway - because of my January Streak challenge - but the sun and temperature was just screaming for me to come outside!


Since Izzy was at daycare already, I was down to one kid.  So, I went out to the barn and got his bike, pumped up the tires and put it in the back of the car.  It was decided. He was going to ride with me while I ran.  Of course he whined about it for a while, but when we were out there, he wanted to go further.  Most days I would have said "sure, why not" but my legs were saying "no way, lady!".  I was exhausted from the icy, 12 miler yesterday.




We logged in 3.5 miles today on the rail trail.  And it was hopping - there were walkers, runners, and bike riders of all ages out there.  What a gift of the weather today and so many people were enjoying it.

Too bad today is winding down.  It makes me sad to see break come to an end.  How many days until February break?  I better get counting.

Comments

  1. Kids on bikes make very strict and challenging pacers I find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to rock capris in January! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad for break to end also. I could have used another week! Beautiful weather for a run. Way to get your mileage in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous you have a February break, I have to wait until the end of February/beginning of March for my next break (after this week ends). 

    Loving the nice weather!  Ours ended again today, it's colder and starting to snow, but I really can't complain since this "winter" (can we really even call it that?) has been so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A break is a break, right?  I'll take it.  The weather is supposed to dip into the teens tonight with highs of 20 for the next couple of days.  I'm sure we're going to get hit sooner than later with some huge amount of snow. But the we'll have a snow day!!! :)  

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another week would have been great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did have on shorts earlier but it was just windy enough to say no.  I am still super happy I wore the capris!!!  :)  

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when he paces me!!!  

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm here in NH and thinking the SAME thing about the weather! I ran a 5k race on Sunday and was sweating my face off!!! Of course, the next two days are going to be cold, but then Saturday it's gonna be beautiful again... I'll have to get outside for a few, though my Lasik surgery on Thursday means no working out for two weeks :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww that is so fun he rode with you!! I wish I had a feb break to count down to

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it when Tucker rides with me!  Can't wait until he runs with me. 
    Maine actually has a Feb and April break.  Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep - cold here!!!  Brrr.  Oh well, it won't last long, right?  Best of luck with your Lasik.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's been unusually warm here in Minnesota, too. Well, except for that nasty, wet-turned-right-to-ice snowstorm on NYE. But it's supposed to climb back to the 40s around Thurs, I've heard. I'm so not complaining about the weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We'll have plenty of reasons to complain about winter soon enough.  I'm sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!