A Brilliant Run


Ward and I recently had the opportunity to review the new Mizuno Wave Rider 15.  Weighing in at 10.6 ounces, I have to say these shoes are the heaviest I’ve run in since March.  At first I wasn’t so sure about running in heavier shoes.  My everyday trainers have been a 7.6 oz Brooks Racer.  However, I’ve heard incredible things about Mizuno’s and was very excited to try these out.




Initially, I thought – “hmmm, a little stiff”.  But once I started running on the road, they just felt incredible on my feet.  I must let you know that I normally am a woman’s 9, but have found great comfort when running in men’s 7.5 shoes lately, so that was the size I went with in Mizuno.  The toe box is roomy and my toes didn’t feel cramped in there.  A huge plus for me.  Since the Wave Riders are neutral shoes, there isn’t a ton of cushioning, which is perfect for me. 




Since getting the Wave Rider 15s this past November, I have logged over 150 miles on them.  I am sold on the durability and the fit.  I love the way my feet feel during and after runs.  I don’t have any uncomfortable padding in random areas.  My run just feels right.  I actually switched things up and wore my racers for a 5 mile run yesterday, part of me really missed the structure and support my Mizunos give me.  Needless to say, this morning, I chose my Wave Rider 15s for my 10 miler with the girls.  I've been loving these Mizuno's for all distances in the past few months - ranging from 1 mile (for the January Streak) up to 12 miles.  The 15s have been my "go to shoe".  And the weight doesn't bother me one bit!

rocking the Christmas look with Mizunos for a virtual Christmas 5k

When I asked my running hubby about his thoughts on his (matching) pair of Wave Riders, he said “Speedy, fit well, but a little stiff.  I was able to put them on and just run.  No time needed to break in.  I haven’t had any blisters.  On my 14 mile run today (in snowy, icy conditions), I had great traction.  For the longer runs like 14 miles of more, I would like something a little softer.  I also like heel to toe drop.” 

loving the bright colors


Have you tried the Mizuno Wave Rider 15s?  Are you a Mizuno fan? 


I’d like to thank Seth from Mizuno for this opportunity to review the Wave Rider 15.  These shoes are incredible and I’m definitely a new Mizuno fan. 

All opinions expressed in this review are my own (and Ward’s).  


Comments

  1. Good review... I have never run in Mizuno's but they look fantastic, love the colors! They sound great to run in as well. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried those out on the treadmill at the running store and loved them too!  Definitely feel different than what I'm used to with such a firm sole, but I really liked the feel.  I couldn't justify buying them, though, until I retire one of my current pairs!  

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Mizunos.  I love the way they form to your feet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When looking for new shoes, I tried the Saucony Kinvaras and Mizuno Wave Precision 12s and I actually liked them both but went with the Kinvaras.  I am running my longer runs in my Saucony Mirages right now though.  I might give the Mizunos a try later on.  I still haven't found my perfect, must-have shoes yet. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I've never run in Mizuno's (loyal to Saucony for about 7-8 years now), but I've changed my footstrike and now run with a mid-foot strike. That's been causing a very strange wear pattern on my shoes, and I even had to return a pair to Saucony because of some holes that formed after just 3 months of running.  Thanks for the info, might be trying these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Review! I have always wondered about Mizuno's. I heard they are amazing and I will eventually try them but I might wait until I am running races more. They will be my race shoes!! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the Ruby Red's but I have to say I'm lovin' the yellow! I think I'll get them next. I love my Wave Riders too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes they do!!!  Love that. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find I need to change shoe brands every so often because my feet change or at least the needs of my feet change!!! 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to know you like the 15's.  I had the 14's and the area around the ankle is pretty stiff and went up a little high for my liking.  SO I just use them for work shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love my 15's much more than the 14's.  I alternate between these and Brooks Ghost 4's.  Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melissa ChristensenJanuary 9, 2012 at 3:20 PM

    I would LOVE to have the opportunity to test out some Mizunos.  I WANT the prophecy, but don't like the price tag.  Can you send Seth my way pretty please with sugar on top?  I run in the Creations, and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. excellent review, they look really cool with the christmas hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had heard that Mizuno had revamped the 15s because the 14s had negative reviews.  Great to have to have a few shoes to rotate through!!!  

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't get that at all with the 15s!  From what I understand, Mizuno revamped the 15s based on the feedback received from the changes of the 14s.  An excellent company who listens to their customers!!!  

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Ruby Reds too!!!  

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sold on Mizuno for sure!  

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am also trying out the wave Riders...and I have to say they are quickly becoming my favourite shoe. They are light and although a neutral shoe, I use them with my orthotics to get just the right amount of support.
    I love all mizuno shoes, but my favourites are Wave Inspire (for very long runs), Wave Riders (for mid to short runs), Elixirs (for shorter speedier distances and races), Moosha (for very very very short workouts)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've got the whole collection!  I'm jealous.  

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will respond!

Popular posts from this blog

The (Wright) Right Socks for ME! + Giveaway

I GLOW + giveaway

Tommie Rocks + Giveaway!